Information Collection and Use
Dtunes will only collect your information in line with relevant applicable regulations and laws.
While using our platforms, we may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include but is not limited to email address, first name, last name, phone number, address and location.
For payment purposes, you will be required to provide bank account information including bank name, account number and account name.
For compliance and KYC purposes, asides from personally identifiable information, you may be required to provide valid means of identification and bank verification number (BVN).
How we use your Information
· To tell you about similar products and services or products and services that you ask us to send you information about by email, mobile number, social media platforms or other digital channels.
· To register you on our platforms (where this involves setting up an account or updating your account).
· To deliver advertising to you directly or on our websites, provide updates on special deals and offers that might interest you (unless you tell us otherwise).
· To make suggestions and recommendations to you, other users of our platforms and users of the services of our third-party advertisers of
· To detect and prevent financial crimes including fraud, financing for terrorism and money laundering, this is to ensure security and business continuity.
· To send you general announcements or important news about your account, request your feedback and we believe you should be able to select what kinds of information you receive from us via email.
· To process applications and send notices about your transactions to requisite parties.
· To verify your identity.
· To resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
How we share your information
· DTunes in a bid to provide you with excellent products and services may need to outsource some of its product delivery, this will be done in line with applicable and relevant regulations and law.
· We may share your information where we have a public or legal duty to do so, when we need it to conclude regulatory reporting and when we have requested and received your permission to share it.
· We may also share your information in the event that we were to sell our business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and/or their advisers.
How we protect your personal information
· We store and process your personal information on our computers in Nigeria. In a situation, where we need to transfer your data to another country, such country must have an adequate data protection law. We will seek your consent where we need to send your data to a country without an adequate data protection law.
· We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
Your Privacy Rights
· If you have created a username, identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our access security measures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
· We reserve the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Conditions. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your security details, you must promptly notify us at our customer support.
How we Share your information within DTunes and other Users
· During your interaction with any of our platforms or premises, we may provide Ministries, Departments, Agencies (MDAs), other organs of government, private sector operators performing government functions, with information such as your name, contact details, or other details you provide us for the purpose of performing their statutory mandate to you or third parties.
· We work with third parties, financial institutions, and corporate bodies to perform DTunes services and implement its mandate. In doing so, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number.
· You accept that your pictures and testimonials on all social media platforms about DTUNES can be used for limited promotional purposes by us. This does not include your trademarked or copyrighted materials.
· From time to time we may send you relevant information such as news items, enforcement notice, statutorily mandated notices and other informative notices to help DTunes serve you better.
Links to Other Websites
· Certain transaction processing channels may require links to other websites other than ours. Please note that DTunes is not responsible and has no control over websites outside its domain. We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked from our website or media platforms. Opinions expressed or materials appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us, and DTunes should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or materials.
· Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware of when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them.
· DTunes will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Our cookies may be session cookies (temporary cookies that identify and track users within our platforms which are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session) or persistent cookies (cookies which enable our platforms “remember” who you are and to remember your preferences within our platforms.
Data Protection Policy
DTunes data protection policy refers to our commitment to treat information of employees, customers, stakeholders and other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality. With this policy, we ensure that your information is treated with utmost confidence and shall not be divulged to any third party except under legal and/or regulatory conditions.
Despite our best efforts and intentions, we acknowledge that security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threat actors. Hence, we also make reasonable efforts to retain personal information only for so long:
as the data subject asks that the information be deleted.
as may be necessary to comply with legal, regulatory, internal business or policy requirements.